Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Those were the days..

So last night I went to a middle school basketball game with a couple of friends and oh my goodness talk about bringing back the old days. The school smelled like middle school. Cinder block walls, cream colored paint, $3 tickets, tiny concession stand. It was great. It made me wonder about a lot of things from 16 years ago. Was I that lanky? (probably) Was our gym that small? (probably) Do all middle school gyms have a stage in them? (probably) Cheerleaders still do the whole A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E cheer these days?! (definitely) I think it was awesome and they got the win. Our friend is an assistant coach for the boys team so it was fun to see him in action. The step team was a bonus. As was the baby in the Apple Bottom jacket.


Am I the only person that didn't hate middle school? I was almost jealous of those kids last night, they have no clue how good they've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment