Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wedding season winds down

Our beautiful little Sooze of Here & There with Sooze got hitched this past Saturday, on the most perfect wedding day ever. All of us girls took Friday off to travel to DC for the weekend and started it off with a little beverage in the hotel before heading out to Chinatown for dinner and then drinks with the bride and groom.
We turned the welcome bag into a cooler. When I say we, I mean Kim's husband. 
Hampton Inn apparently leaves these post-its on their beds now. I think a few people ended their Friday night with these post-its on their backs.
 Navigating the metro all by ourselves. 
Dinner at Ming's in Chinatown. Perhaps not our best idea, but what can you do.
And then I realized I left my make up bag at home. The bag that held my makeup, toothbrush, floss, contact case. You know, all the essentials. I made do, but had to make sure no one drank my contacts. Because Kim's husband drank her contact on the first day of their marriage.
 I told you it was a perfect day for a wedding. That's where the reception was held. So pretty.
And there were lottery tickets! How cute is this favor? I won $2, but obviously forgot to take that with me or give it to anyone else to redeem. Sorry Sooze.

Saturday we went to visit the bride in her suite while she was getting ready, then met another college friend and her boyfriend for a fun little brunch. After brunch we drug her back to our room to hang out with us while we got ready for the wedding.

The ceremony was at the couple's church in Georgetown followed by the reception at the masonic temple in Old Town Alexandria. They were so thoughtful and generous to get buses to transport all the guests around town the whole night. Thank goodness because we would've never made it anywhere on time if we had to navigate ourselves.

Sunday the bride & groom made appearances in 2 hotel lobbies to say goodbye to friends and family before everyone headed home. And now the newlyweds are enjoying a week in Jamaica. Luckiessss! Congrats! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment